Oh big, oh juicy, oh so fresh strawberries! Perfect for desserts. Who loves icebox cake recipes?? I made my first one last year. It was a banana icebox cake. Problem, not everyone in my house loves bananas. I decided to create my own recipe for icebox cake with my fresh strawberries. I am a huge, strawberry lover. If you didn’t know, now you do!
As a matter of fact everyone is my house and family loves strawberries. Ready to get started making this icebox cake recipe?
This icebox cake recipe is really easy.
Pick up a box of Vanilla wafers, 2 containers of heavy whipping cream and lots of fresh, yummy strawberries then…..
Icebox Cake Recipes
Strawberry Icebox Cake
Rinse them off and set them aside to drip dry.
Strawberry Icebox Cake
Icebox Cake Recipes: Ingredients
- Vanilla Wafers (1-11 oz. box or bigger)
- Strawberries 2-3 baskets
- Heavy Whipping Cream 6 ounces (2-3 oz. cartons or 1-3 oz. carton + 1 cool whip)
- Softened butter (2-3 tablespoons)
- Confectioners Sugar (1 cup)
- Vanilla (2 tsp.)
- Pam non stick cooking spray
The steps for making this icebox cake are really easy.
You first layer your crushed Vanilla Wafer butter mix on the bottom. Then top it with lots of fresh sliced strawberries. Follow the directions in the recipe card.
Lastly, just whip up some whipping cream or take out your Cool Whip to top your strawberry icebox cake.
- Vanilla Wafers 1 large box or more
- •Strawberries 2-3 baskets
- •Heavy Whipping Cream 6 ounces (2-3 oz. cartons)
- •A softened cube of butter
- •Pam non stick cooking spray
- •Vanilla 2 tsp.
- •Confectioners Sugar 1 cup
- •Cool Whip
- •Pre spray your 9 x 13 baking dish with Pam *or another non stick spray.
- •Wash, dry and hull your strawberries. Set them aside.
- •Crush 2 cups of Vanilla Wafers in a mixing bowl. (reserve rest for layering)
- •Add 2-1/2 melted tablespoons of butter to your crushed wafers and stir. Next dump them into your baking dish and press flat covering the entire bottom of the dish.
- •In a large (chilled) mixing bowl whip up one of your cartons or 3oz. of whipping cream until the whipping cream peaks. Next add vanilla and confectioners sugar. Whip until peaks again. Cover and set into fridge until needed.
- •Cut your strawberries into slices.
- •Begin to assemble by layering strawberries, whip cream, wafers, whip cream, strawberries for final layer before topping.
- •For the topping: take half a container of Cool Whip or mix up more whipping cream. For the whipping cream topping mix whipping cream with Confectioners Sugar (1 cup)
- and Vanilla (2 tsp.) (omit sugar & vanilla if using the Cool Whip).
- Then add a half cup to one cup of chopped strawberries that have been muddled a little (just smash them a bit) Next mix it together with your whipped topping. Add this final whipped strawberry layer to the top of the strawberry icebox cake, then top with extra strawberries and Vanilla Wafers.
- Be sure to set your finished icebox cake in the fridge to set up at least 4 hours!
- The reason I topped with Cool Whip is because I ran out of whipping cream to do the final layer. I just happened to have one in the freezer so I let it thaw and used it. No matter if the top layer is Cool Whip or Whip Cream it will be fine. If using Cool Whip you will not have to sweeten or add the vanilla. You will still add strawberries to the top layer.
- Be sure to set your finished icebox cake in the fridge to set up at least 4 hours! But, can be made the night before.
See that wasn’t hard. After it sets up in the fridge it’s so easy to serve.
The cookies soften into a cake like yum, the strawberries and cream all mixed together make for one of the best, delicious strawberry icebox cake recipes!
What type of ice box recipes have you tried?