There is nothing I love more than a great grilled recipe. I’ve been looking high and low for great recipes to try while putting my own spin on them. I came across a delicious sounding grilled chicken salad recipe. Light, with fruit tossed with freshly grilled chicken. Don’t you just love sweet and savory? This was a very easy recipe to make. Today I will share my spin on the recipe and where to find the original.
The Mr. is great at steak, tri-tip and sausages but, claims he can’t grill chicken. If you are an expert at grilling chicken already this will be easy for you. Check out the grilling lesson post when your done with this one if you need a few tips on grilling chicken. Then you can make this recipe in no time flat!
- I shared how to grill chicken perfectly here!
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe;
Grilled Recipe: The steps for making Grilled Chicken Salad with Ginger Dressing are easy!
Tips: It is best to prepare your salad and dressing first, then put it in the refrigerator. That way when the grilled chicken is cooked you can just chop to add it in.
Steps For The Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe;
Grab your Ginger, grate, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. (optional crushed garlic) Measure out your ingredients and mix it up. Reserve dressing until ready to serve!
Grab all your fresh veggies and fruits, along with your chopping board and knife. Wash, dry and chop it all up. Add it into a extra large mixing bowl and gently toss. Cover with a damp paper towel and saran wrap set into the fridge until later.
Next, grill up your chicken the perfect minimum internal temperature for chicken is 165*. Try not to over cook your chicken as you don’t want your chicken to end up dry. When completely cooked about 20 minutes, let it cool a bit. Just enough to handle while chopping it up. (In a hurry? You have my permission to used grilled chicken from the store)
Chop up your chicken and toss it gently into your pre-mixed salad! Serve it on plates. We used the ginger dressing and let the kids use what ever their favorite dressing were. Can you guess what they picked?
Here’s the Easy Grilled Chicken With Ginger Dressing Recipe to save or print! I hope you get to enjoy making the recipe soon. Add it to your Meal Plan Monday Recipes!
Adapted from http://www.recipe.com/grilled-chicken-salad-with-strawberry-balsamic-dressing/
- 1 bag spinach (3 cups)
- iceburg lettuce
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 nectarines
- 1/2-1 tsp. fresh ginger (grated)
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- salt pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast 1lb.
- Garlic Powder or Garlic Salt
- For dressing: grate fresh ginger into a bowl then add in to measuring cup of pre measured olive oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.Set to side
- Wash, dry and chop your greens, fruit and onion.
- Put into a bowl and cover with damp paper towel set into fridge until needed. Do not add dressing until serving.
- Grill boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts until done. Spice with Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Grill on Medium heat until no pink is showing inside. Cook to internal Temp of 165* http://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/mintemp.html
Related Recipes you may enjoy:
What is your favorite thing to grill in the summer or anytime?
For wine lovers everywhere, we take the hassle, the guesswork and the pretentiousness out of the equation so all you have to focus on is enjoying a great bottle of wine. It all starts with a Palate Profile Quiz, 6 simple questions about the flavors you like. Based on your tastes, Club W will recommend wines for you.