One thing I love about the holidays is all the pretty packaging under the tree! There is pretty packaging catching my eye every where lately. Today I am sharing a craft tool that I think you’ll love to create your own pretty packaging! This tool can help you create many diy projects adding to your lovely packaging, crafts, embellishments for scrapbooks and even makes iron-on labels… Think birthdays, weddings, celebrations, holidays and more. Today I’m going to share a few ways I used the Epson LabelWorks™ Printable Ribbon Kit and share some of the special features and options that it comes with.
What’s great about the Printable Ribbon Kit LabelWorks™ is that it is made for printing personalized messages on satin ribbons for crafts, scrapbooks, decorations, gifts and more. This little machine was so easy to put the batteries into, insert the ribbon tape and begin using it!
Enough said, lets look at what the Epson LabelWorks™ Printable Ribbon Kit can do & then the packaging tips!
The Printable Ribbon Kit is so easy to use just by reading through the steps in the manual. If you have ever used a regular label machine, it’s steps are very similar. Select the font, size add a design you like and print. I filled a mason jar with cookies and decorated the jar with ribbon, covered the lid with wool felt and added little holiday accents.
- There are over 300 symbols and 75+frames to pick from, 14 fonts types and 10 font styles!
I tried a few different fonts, changed out the cartridges for different colors and added little designs from the available choices. To change the cartridge you just take off the back cover and remove the one your done with then insert the new one. It is easy to pop out and pop in a new cartridge! Who wouldn’t love to get a jar full of cookies cutely decorated?
I have to say this is perfect tool for adding to your creativity. I love the gold on blue ribbon!
- The built-in memory stores up to 30 label design files! Prints up to two lines of text. Accommodates tapes from 6 mm(1/4 inch) to 12 mm (1/2 inch) wide.
Here’s a few diy packaging tips for wrapping up your packages all pretty;
The Epson Label Works can be used with 2 high quality printable ribbon tapes, as well as sticky labels, glow-in-the dark tape and iron-on labels! Honestly I can’t wait to use the iron-on labels for all my sewing and doll projects coming up this winter! (these are sold separately) But, the kit comes with two colors of satin ribbon to get you started!
Wrap tissue around little boxes, bottles of perfume or other gifts insert into a burlap mini sack then wrap with the ribbon and your ready to gift.
Packaging Tips for using ribbon;
For this package I used a pre-made bow and handle bag then added my personalized printed message under the bow. Tape it or use a glittered clothes pin like I did. Add tissue paper into the handled bag around your gift.
For this mason jar gift of oatmeal cookies I added some fabric over the lid cover and under the lid rim. Then I cut the fabric leaving a few inches under the jar rim. I glued the printed ribbon onto the lid. The ribbon says, “Made Special For You” and then I added music notes for Sammie’s piano teacher.
If you are looking for a gift to give someone or want to add special touches to your gift ideas I think you’ll love the Epson LabelWorks™ Printable Ribbon Kit. I highly recommend this handy tool! I have only had mine a short while and can’t wait to use it for iron-on labels, more holiday wrapping and creating special touches for an upcoming baby shower.
Ideas not pictured for using printed ribbon;
- Create gift tags and slip the ribbon through to add flair to any package
- Wrap a homemade jam or mason jar craft for gifting with the ribbon
- Wrap a plain box with the ribbon
- Wrap package with butcher paper or wrapping paper then add the ribbon
- Tie a bouquet of flowers
- Tie a bunch of helium balloons
- Create specially tied wedding favors or baby shower favors
What ideas can you think of?
Today’s post was brought to you by Espon all text, images and 100% honest opinions are mine alone. We hope you enjoy using Epsons LabelWorks™ as much as we have should you decide to purchase one.
- At the time of this writing $69.99 MSRP. Amazon at the time of this writing 12/06/2014 4 pm PST it’s listed on sale for $45.91 at a 36% savings! (low stock) 2 cartridges come in the kit “Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. 12/10/2014 11 pm at time of this post going live is available on sale $56.99
- Epson LabelWorks ™
- You need 6 AAA batteries or a charger (charger not included in the kit)
Epson LabelWorks™ Cartridges come in a variety of colors;
- Iron-on Cartridge $19.99
- Print on ribbon colors like gold on white, black on beige, gold on black, gold on red ….
- See how easy it is to use. What would you print on ribbon and tie up?
What other ideas do you have for using the Epson LabelWorks™ Printable Ribbon Kit?