Today I’m sharing Drink Recipes For Valentine’s Day. This can be made two ways, one being with alcohol and the other without. I have to admit I only indulge on occasion. It’s nice to have options to serve both ways. Especially when you are gathering in groups or have kids. I hope you enjoy today’s Cherry Cocktail Drink Recipe.
Before I get into the drink recipe I have a funny story to tell you. My mom used to love maraschino cherries. We had them in our home all the time. When we she would host our family celebrations they were always included her cocktails and our Shirley Temples.
She had this fun trick she did with the cherry stems. She could tie them into a knot inside her mouth. Have you ever tried? For the life of me I could never figure out how she did it. My mom loved her cocktails but, only had drinks on occasion.
But, she reveled in the fact that she had this bet worthy skill of tying cherry stems! She won many a bet when people would think she couldn’t do this! I think it’s one of those things you either can do or can’t. Kind of like being able to curl your tongue. I can’t do that either. Can you do either?
Cherry Cocktail Recipe
Total: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
- •4 De-Stemmed Maraschino Cherries
- •1 tbsp. Cherry Juice (from canned cherries)
- •1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- •½ cup Grenadine
- •2 oz. Whiskey
- •1 cup Sparkling Water
- •Stemmed Maraschino Cherries (garnish)
- 1.In a shaker, mash de-stemmed cherries with muddler.
- 2.Add cherry juice, freshly squeezed lemon juice, grenadine, whiskey, and sparkling water to shaker. Add ice cubes. Shake.
- 3.Pour into glass through strainer. Garnish with stemmed cherries.
- Can be made without alcohol. Or make Shirley Temples for a cherry flavored non alcohol option.
How to Make Cherry Cocktails
Ingredients for Cherry Cocktails
- 4 De-Stemmed (our favorite not shown) Maraschino Cherries
- 1 tbsp. Cherry Juice (from canned cherries)
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Grenadine
- 2 oz. Whiskey
- 1 cup Sparkling Water
- Stemmed Maraschino Cherries (garnish)
Add these items if making Shirley Temples or Italian Sodas for the kids
- Add 7 up or a lime lime soda for making Shirley Temples
- Optional Whip Cream for Shirley Temples
- Torani Syrup Cherry
Tools you might need for mixing cocktails:
- In a shaker, mash de-stemmed cherries with muddler.
- Add cherry juice, freshly squeezed lemon juice, grenadine, whiskey, and sparkling water to shaker. Add ice cubes. Shake.
- Pour into glass through strainer. Garnish with stemmed cherries.
Non Alcohol Cherry Cocktail Drinks
What’s a Shirley Temple? It’s an easy mock tail that consists of only two ingredients, with optional topping of whip cream. A another version of a cherry mock tail is the Italian Soda here is how you make both.
How To Make A Shirley Temple:
A Shirley Temple is an ounce of grenadine to 8 ounces 7 up or other lemon lime soda. We love adding whip cream to the top with a cherry! Additionally you could just use some of the cherry juice from the maraschino cherry jar with 7 up that is my hack for when your out of grenadine.
How To Make A Cherry Italian Soda:
The Italian sodas are very similar to a Shirley Temple they only take Cherry Torani Syrup plus sparkling water, optional add a little cream to the mixture. Top with whip cream and a cherry if you like. Any way you mix these up your sure to love them!
What are your favorite drink recipes? Cocktail or mock tail?
More fun with Drink recipes and mixology: