Welcome to our index of DIY Beauty Recipes:
You will find Homemade DIY Beauty Recipes that use natural ingredients, are easy to follow, resources for finding your DIY beauty recipes supplies and tips for storing…
Note: If you are new to making homemade cosmetics see tips for getting started below on this page.
Occasionally there will be a recipe with a pre-made lotion or soap as part of the ingredients. These types make great gifts when making bigger batches.
- We are always trying new recipes and updating this page be sure to subscribe to our posts/newsletter to never miss out!
DIY Beauty Recipes;
Tips For Making Homemade Beauty Projects
- Always start with a clean sanitized space
- Have your containers pre washed, sanitized and dry
- Make sure your hands are clean
- Vitamin E Oil added to recipes helps decrease bacterial growth (but, may not be necessary in all recipes)
- Other good antioxidants are; rosemary oil extract, grape seed extract, coconut oil. (source)
- Essential Oils must be combined with a carrier oil (never use directly on the skin the concentration is too high)
- Use clean hands or scoops when using your products
- When storing keep in a dark container or dark cabinet out of sunlight
- Some products need to be stored in the fridge if it contains food / shelf life 2 weeks (make smaller batches or as needed)
- Typically you can keep homemade beauty products 3-6 months if made and stored properly
- If something irritates your skin stop using it immediately!
- If something smells off it may have gone bad discard and make a new batch
We hope these tips get you started making your own homemade beauty products to use and gift. Use recipes at your own risk (skin test to make sure it doesn’t irritate your skin). Do not use scrubs on your face that are made for hand, body or feet. Good luck and have fun making these beauty recipes!
- 300 Homemade Bath Bombs, Salts & Scrubs (bookreview)
- 50 Beauty Recipes
- Natural Beauty Solution
- 200 Tips, Techniques & Recipes For Natural Beauty
- Lemon Lime Himalayan Sea Salt Scrub
- How To Make Bath Bombs – Lavender Gold Bath Bombs
- Beauty DIY Lavender Foot Soak
- Beauty DIY Lavender Vanilla Bath Soak
- Beauty DIY Peppermint Scrub
- Beauty DIY Lemon Souffle Hand And Body Scrub
- Beauty DIY Blood Orange Scrub
- Cherry Sugar Scrub With Printable Labels
DIY Natural Beauty Products