We finally have had the chance to create a few new DIY Beauty Recipes. Today’s recipe is for Sea Salt Scrubs. Sammie and I ordered our supplies and we couldn’t wait until they arrived. We were super excited to try making a few more homemade beauty products.
She has loved picking up bath bombs from Lush when we visited their store in Caramel, Ca. on our travels. But, it can add up when buying them. Of course that didn’t stop me from treating her to a few pretty bath bombs. Have you seen them they are pretty. Pricing is $7.75-8.95 each.
I promised that we would try making bath bombs at home. Since it’s more economical if you to make than buy if you love them! Stay tuned for our bath bomb post by subscribing to our all posts.
DIY Beauty Recipes
Lemon Lime Burst of Spring Sea Salts Scrub
What I love about making sea salt and sugar scrubs is that they don’t take a lot of supplies. Anyone can put them together and it’s a fun beauty DIY that you can do with your teens. Plus, it’s so good for your skin.
Supplies For This Beauty Scrub
and other DIY beauty recipes are:
- (1-1/2 cup) Mediterranean Sea Salts
- (1/4 cup) Pink Himalayan Sea Salts
- (1/4 cup) Coconut Oil
- (1/2 cup) Almond Oil
- 4-5 drops of lemon essential oil *set
- 4-5 drops lime essential oil *
- Jars with Lids
This recipe will fill four- 4 ounce glass jars. You can substitute the essential oils your favorite scents which is the fun part if you pick up a sampler set of various essential oils.
First things first. Wash, air dry your jars. We purchased this set of glass jars which I am trying to source for better pricing for making scrubs to sell. The glass jars are high quality and thick glass jars. For gifts they are perfect and overall not expensive. If you choose to use plastic jars make sure they are PBA free for storing cosmetics. They are less expensive than glass jars, here is a 6 pack I sourced to help you get started: PBA plastic jars
Next get out a clean bowl, spoon and have your surface area clean.
How To Make This homemade scrub recipe.
DIY Beauty Recipes:
Lemon Lime Burst of Spring Salt Scrub
Add sea salts into bowl. Mix your coconut oil with your lemon, lime and pine essential oils. Pour this mixture into the bowl and mix together well. Use a spoon or gloves and scoop them into your clean, sterilized jars. Lid and store in a cool place.
How to use your scrubs:
Use within 6 months or less. For best results use a clean scoop when grabbing scrubs to use on your body, hands or feet. Rinse off after use. Towel dry.
We opted to purchase *essential oil set: Art Naturals Aromatherapy Essential Oils perfect for beauty DIY recipes. I loved the mix of essential oils that came in the set and the quality of them. They also can be used for aromatherapy in an essential oil diffuser.
About the essential oils set:
- Top 16 Therapeutic Essential Oils: Glass 10ml Bottles – Set of 16 Contains: Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense , Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, LemonGrass, Rosemary, Sweet Orange, Cinnamon Leaf, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Tangerine, Patchouli, Pine Needle, Lemon & Lime
- Perfect Gift Set for Any Occasion: Allergen-Free Alternative to Candles or Incense – Cleansing and Fragrance Benefits – Paraben Free and Cruelty Free! – For External Use Only.
- 100% Pure and Therapeutic Grade Oils: Derived Using the Latest Steam-Pressing Techniques for Maximum Effectiveness. No additives, Fillers, Bases or Carriers Added.
- Ideal For Skincare: When used as Directed with a Carrier Oil, Such as Art Naturals’ Jojoba Oil – Oils can be Added to Unscented Moisturizers and Bath Products for Healing and Fragrance.
- Uses: Aromatherapy Healing Solutions, Custom Massage and Body Oils, Vaporizers, Diffusers, Humidifiers, Oil Burners, Inhalation, Perfume, Blends, Spa and Home Care, Cleaning Products, Breathe, Good Night, Head Ease, Muscle Relief, Stress Relief, and Health Shield.
When using essential oils please note they do need to be mixed with a carrier oil. (see above) They are highly concentrated oils. If you haven’t made a lot of homemade beauty products visit our Beauty DIY Recipes page and scroll down for some starter tips. You’ll also find our other beauty recipes there too. Carrier oils choices can consist of coconut oil, almond oil, extra virgin olive oil, or castor oil.
- Scrubs are not edible
- Keep out of the reach of children (supplies and beauty products)
This scrub recipe is great for your hand, body and for feet. The scrubs make great homemade gifts for baby showers, wedding showers, teacher gifts, birthdays, hostess gifts, Mother’s Day gifts or for yourself. Be sure to pin the recipe so you can have it for later.
Looking for more DIY Beauty Recipes?
- Beauty DIY Lavender Foot Soak
- Beauty DIY Lavender Vanilla Bath Soak
- Beauty DIY Peppermint Scrub
- Beauty DIY Lemon Souffle Hand And Body Scrub
- Beauty DIY Blood Orange Scrub
- Cherry Sugar Scrub With Printable Labels