As a crafter there are several times of year I have to muster up the courage to straighten up my craft space. To be honest more than several times of year. Since I don’t focus on one “craft” I have supplies for various projects. For the most part I have an organized system. That is until I work on several projects at a time. It kind of unravels my crafting world. Especially after I’ve been busy making, baking and helping with finals projects. I’m always on the look for how to make my craft space better, more organized and making me more efficient. What about you? Today I have a roundup that is sure to help us both that is filled with craft room ideas.
I have several craft room ideas and organization projects in the works. I can’t wait to share them with you. Although, I have a small dedicated space, in a corner of a room I do most of my creating in the kitchen. Where the light of the sun shines and warms the space. Where do you do your crafting? What craft room challenges do you have? Hopefully more than a few of these craft room ideas will help you make your space more efficient.
Craft Room Ideas
Craft Room Ideas
25 Craft Room Organization Ideas:
1. Rolling storage carts are a must! You can easily pull your supplies over to your work station, and move the cart back when you’re finished.
2. Use slacks hangers to keep your fabric organized.
3. Recycle old cans to store craft paints.
4. Love to scrapbook? Store your scrapbook papers in file boxes.
5. Put a Lazy Susan at your work station for easy access to all your tools.
6. Another smart way to store paint is by putting a dab of color on the lid or bottom so you can easily spot them in the container they’re stored in.
7. Repurpose old jars to store pom poms, beads and other kids craft supplies.
8. Make your own paint wall organizer if you’re feeling particularly handy.
9. A DIY craft organization board can help you keep track of small pieces of fabric, buttons, etc.
10. Pretty baskets are a no-fail solution to organizing your crafts supplies.
11. Baskets within larger baskets are great for organizing your yarn stash.
12. Put twine on peg hooks to see all your selections at once.
13. Don’t overlook the door! An over the door organizer can help you keep loads of stuff off your workspace.
14. Make your own card and gift tag station.
15. Hang little buckets for storing receipts, pens, markers, pencils, etc.
16. Hang scissors and hole punches on a metal wall slat.
17. Store craft supplies in a tiered metal basket.
18. Have loads of washi tape? Make a washi tape organizer out of an old stamp box.
19. A shoe organizer with chalkboard labels is a genius idea for organizing all those small things.
20. Use wooden dowels to display and organize spools of ribbon.
21. No craft room is complete without a pegboard.
22. If you don’t have a craft room, a craft cabinet will do, especially if it’s as organized as this one!
23. Use 3-ring binders to organize stickers and scrapbook supplies by holiday or occasion.
24. Have a spice rack that’s collecting dust? Use it to store beads, buttons and other small supplies.
25. Make your own painted pails to match the color scheme of your craft room.
Related Craft Organization Posts:
- Craft Room Storage Ideas, Tips And Tools
- Home Organization Tips And Ideas
- Organization Free Printable Roundup
- Closet Organization Tips, Tools And Tricks
- Epson Label Works Review (home organizing tool)
- Epson Printable Ribbon Kit Review (sewing labels too!)