Do you love strawberries? Dipping fresh strawberries in chocolate? Candy making recipes always make great homemade gifts. They are also great for a brunch, baby shower, bridal showers and even for special occasions like Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day. Today we are sharing how to make chocolate dipped strawberries.
It’s a lot easier than you think. It’s really only takes 3 easy steps for this Chocolate Dipped Strawberries recipe.
How To Make Fresh Dipped Strawberries
First start with fresh picked big organic strawberries. Don’t use with any with bruised spots. They won’t keep well. Keep them whole.
You’ll want to rinse the strawberries, dry them on a towel and ensure they are dried all the way! They are best for dipping with no moisture is left on the top of your strawberries.
After the strawberries are completely dry you can dip them in melted chocolate we used our Crock-Pot Little Dipper
Or you can melt your chocolate until it’s shiny and stirs smooth in the microwave, with coconut oil added. The problem with this is the chocolate will lose it’s warm temperature. Then it doesn’t work as well when you make a lot of them. I linked to the little dipper with a warmer. Once it is heated to the melting temperature you can keep it on warm. Perfect for dipping.
Or use a double boiler method to melt chocolate.
We kept our little dipper on during the whole process. And tag teamed the work. You can do this solo. I only stopped for a few photos to share with you. We dipped some of the strawberries all the way and some half way. Any way you do it they’ll be sooo good.
- After dipping you add them to a lined baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
You can use milk chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, chocolate chips (we used 1 bag ) and even white chocolate. If you want to get fancy you can get piping bags and drizzle different chocolates, add chopped nuts or pretzels. We like them simply dipped in chocolate.
- Don’t forget to pin this recipe for when your ready to try it! Get a free recipe binder when you subscribe and never miss our posts!
How To Make Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe
- Fresh (preferably un blemished organic strawberries) 1 basket
- chocolate, semi sweet chocolate or white chocolate
- Kitchen Tools
- paper towels
- little dipper
- Rinse your strawberries and dry your strawberries *make sure completely dry!
- Melt chocolate in little dipper or use another method (keeping warm but, not to burn)
- Dip strawberries into chocolate, place on Silpat or parchment Cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- See post on DearCreatives.com for tips and notes.