“I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. All Opinions Are Mine Alone.” #LiveColor #CollectiveBias
Today I’m sharing a new book I had the chance to preview: Change Your Home, Change Your Life™ with Color by Moll Anderson. I have always loved color, color theory, and books. I have a color inspiration design board packed loaded with inspiration for design, home, and lifestyle ideas. Have you ever wanted to learn more about color theory, color, and design? Or how color can affect your mood?
Change Your Home, Change Your Life™ with Color by Moll Anderson. You might know Moll Anderson from television, radio, or books, but she also has been featured in magazines. She is an interior designer and philanthropist for many deserving causes. Moll received the Spirit of Compassion Award from UNICEF in 2016. We’ll touch more about her later.
This book is not only eye candy but, has practical advice for designing your life in color! Are you ready to change your home and life? Let’s peek into what’s in this book.
Color can affect our mood, behavior and emotions.
Color Theory #WhatsYourcolorStory
I have never been afraid of using color in my art work, home, and life. What about you?
Here’s my color story and how this book helped me dive in. I started making a few color changes in my life and rethinking color choices. Before reading the book, we had trendy colors, currant red and cream with an architectural pop of teal in my living room.
Not only is now out-dated but, after reading the book I knew the color currant red wasn’t what I want for the overall mood and energy levels of our living room any more.
Our living space is an open concept and not very bright during the day. Which creates a even darker space with the paint color we had. I needed a space that could give us energy and uplift our spirits. We talked it over and everyone was ready for a change in our home. Especially me!
That’s where Change Your Home, Change Your Life™ with Color comes in. After reading through it I answered questions in the book.
- Then dove into what colors really inspired me.
- What type of mood was I trying to create in our space?
I created the mood board above. I happen to be inspired by nature, spring colors, autumn weather, and the ocean. This was my jumping point after reading the book.
We started to morph our living space by picking a lighter color to paint our dark currant accent walls. I knew I didn’t want a neutral color after reading and answering questions. We looked at tangerine, greens, yellows, and blues. We picked up color swatches and paint samples. Then dove in choosing a color. We left the teal color on the architectural triangle that jets out of the ceiling, as we still like this color. You’ll see the results in a minute.
Are you ready to live your life in color? The book shares many ways you can add a little or a lot of color. You can inject pops of color to change the mood of your space and it doesn’t have to be with paints. But, how?
How to find the perfect colors for your home and life.
In the book there are so many examples and home décor ideas to get you started! You can use color in your wardrobe and life too. I didn’t realize how much I’d enjoy this book, diving in and finding my perfect colors until I got my hands on the book.
We took a bold leap into changing the mood of our room. Hello, yellow! A muted version of an #INVIGORATINGYELLOW
There are sections of the book with color questions for you to fill out. These questions are there to help you understand why you love certain colors or why you dislike them.
You’ll also find other color tips in Moll’s book.
- Sections for every color and the meanings of those colors.
- Color trivia.
- How to find color to suit both of you. (if your a couple)
- A section called Moll’s Fearless Five. With simple ideas for becoming your own color expert.
- I love how she shares how to ground a room and other decorating tips through-out the book.
- Suggestions for color play, patterns, and for every color there are new ideas.
When the sun sets the yellow warms up with a pretty glow. Color can transform a room and your mood.
I found it helpful to learn that lighting can have a big impact on colors. You can see how this yellow color changes when photographing the different angles or in the different light. It is super hard to capture the true color. This yellow color really opens up the space. It’s made big changes in the look and feel of the room.
The color we had chosen (gold thread) looks warmer and darker when there is less light in the room. When there is a lot of light, it’s a muted yellow. Color can change how you feel too. Which could be a good reason the prior color we loved no longer works for us. It appeared darker most of the day, making it feel dreary.
- A bright, cheery, uplifting color is what we decided to try for our focal point walls and bring that spring-summer feel to us year round!
If your like me, you’ll love finding the understanding what meanings are behind all the colors and how color affects our mood, behavior, and emotions. Learning why you love or don’t like certain colors is key to exploring your own personal color story. Bonus, it can help you add that jenesequa back to your life.
Are you ready to open up, explore colors, and see how it can help your life? Maybe you’d like to set the mood for your home or change a room to uplift your spirits? I am sure you’d enjoy this book. I can’t wait to share more color changes as we work through various areas in our home and life while referencing the lessons learned.
- Change Your Home, Change Your Life™ with Color is a book about discovering your personal connection to color and understanding how it makes you feel.
Preview the book: Change Your Home, Change Your Life™ with Color
- Take a look inside ===>> sneak peak of the book
- The book will be available in Target stores when it officially publishes on March 14. 2017 (this book can also be purchased at MollAnderson.com, Amazon, B&N and Books-A-Million, or anywhere books are sold online)
- Moll Anderson inspires you to make changes for your home and life. Challenging you to find your personal connection to color and how color makes you feel. She is an author of four home and lifestyle books.
- Moll Anderson works as an advocate for survivors of abuse, working to improve lives of women and children. Organizations she has worked to support are Habitat for Humanity, Boy and Girls Club, UNICEF. And in 2010 she established Moll Anderson Endowed Scholarship at the University of Tennessee.
Find Out More About Moll Anderson:
Other ways we will be changing the look of this room is by: changing our seat covers on our dining chairs, adding flowering plants, and seasonal home décor for Easter. We can’t wait to share more details of the room as we finish pulling it together.
What’s your color story? How would you use color to change the mood of your space? Wardrobe? Or life?
What colors will speak most to you the most after reading the book? If you have read it I’d love to know!