We really enjoy easy smoothie recipes. Do you? Especially when the heat starts up in summer. One of our favorite smoothie recipes is blackberry. Today we are sharing our Blackberry Smoothie Recipe.
This blackberry smoothie recipe makes 2 – 12 ounce cups. We love combining fresh seasonal fruits and blackberries are just one of our seasonal favorites.
We combined some of our favorite fruits for this blackberry smoothie recipe. We grabbed our fresh produce from our local fruit stand. We prefer organic fruits. Either way be sure to wash your fresh fruits and vegetables prior to making your smoothie recipes.
You only need to have a handful of supplies on hand to make your smoothies. For each batch of smoothie drinks we blend up a pre-washed handful of blackberries. You can always use frozen fruits if needed, like in this easy berry smoothie recipe.
For today’s recipe we also added half a peach (peeled), about 5 large strawberries and a handful of blackberries.
- You’ll first add 1 cup of organic apple juice to your blender.
- Then 1 cup of ice cubes
- Then your fresh washed, peeled and sliced fruits
- Next add about 3 ounces of Greek Yogurt our favorites are key lime yogurt, vanilla yogurt.
- Optional; teaspoon of organic honey
Now, your ready to lid and blend up your fruit smoothie.
If you want it thicker add more yogurt, blackerries and ice, then blend again.
My blender is a 550 Watt Waring Pro Blender which is similar to the Waring Professional Bar Blender But, is only 30o Watt blender. Waring does have a Professional Bar Blender 500 Watt with 48 ounce jar (which is a bigger jar than ours) and is really reasonable in price if you need a new blender.
All of these are in multiple colors or chrome – silver. If you are blending a lot of smoothies and drinks with a lot of ice I highly recommend more watts. I’ve had mine well over a year maybe heading on two years with no problems and we blend smoothies all the time. Two of my daughter’s have Vitamix blenders and love their investment. Maybe one day I’ll upgrade to one but, until then am happy with the blender I have.
What type of blender do you have?
- Optional (blueberries)
- Greek Yogurt (lime) or your favorite
- Organic apple juice
- organic honey (optional)
- You'll first add 1 cup of organic apple juice to your blender.
- Then 1 cup of ice cubes
- Half a peach
- Blackberries (1/4-1/2 cup)
- Strawberries 5 large
- 3 ounces (half a container of Greek Yogurt)
- 1 tsp. organic honey (optional)
- If you don't want to use honey you can use a banana to sweeten it. You can also use more yogurt or a banana to thicken to your desired taste.
- If needed use frozen fruits depending on the season and availability of the fruits in your area.
- Makes about 24 ounces of smoothie.
- Wild Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 25 Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Smoothies Healthy Drink Recipes
- Easy Berry Smoothie + Waring Pro Blender Review