During the holiday season we love cooking, baking and entertaining in our house. But, when we all get together it’s a huge group of family and friends.Planning, scheduling & having time to visit is important. Who wants to be in the kitchen the entire time? Today I’m going to share one of our favorite entertaining time saver recipes Cheesy Veggie Enchiladas and how you can save with some great coupons for this or any other recipes your cooking up this holiday season!
What I love about making enchiladas is that you can take the basic recipe & tailor it to your liking. Typically we make chicken enchiladas but, for crowds I like making Cheesy Veggie Enchiladas. Another reason I love this recipe is you can make pans of it ahead of time then pull it out day of the party heat and serve on a nice platter. Or have your guests self serve out of the baking dish. Side dishes are easy too with a green salad, salsa and chips and Mexican rice if you like.
When I pick Sammie up from school I head over to Target on the way home bringing my Kraft Saving Coupons which are perfect for creating those delicious recipes for quick weeknight meals or easy entertaining.
Make it easy on yourself with Kraft® Shredded Cheese when making your enchiladas or other recipes! This recipe makes 24 enchiladas. I make a portion of them that are just cheese for the kids.
Ingredients you’ll need for Cheesy Veggie Enchiladas :
- Kraft® Shredded Cheese 2 packages 8 oz. Mexican Four Cheese Plus 1 Packages 8 oz. Mexican Cheddar Jack (24-32 oz total shredded cheese depending on how cheesy you like them)
- Corn Tortillas 24
- Green Enchilada Sauce Las Palmas mild or medium 1 large can 28 oz. plus 1 small 19 oz. can
- 1 can mild diced Green Chilies Mild Roasted, Peeled 9 oz.
- 4 small Zucchini (double zucchini, onion and garlic if you want all veggie and no just cheese enchiladas)
- 1 medium sweet Onion
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream or Cream Cheese
Amounts will vary depending on how many you are serving. Of course if you are making the sides add that too the Target list also and don’t forget your other great Kraft® products such as; Kraft® Salad Dressing! We love the Cucumber Ranch.
Directions for Cheesy Veggie Enchiladas:
- Have extra hand towels or paper towels nearby for wiping hands.
- Enchiladas are easy to assemble but, first I wash and julienne or shred the zucchini then chop the onion and garlic
- Then saute all three with a little olive oil and pepper 1/4 tsp.Set to side in a bowl.
- Next I warm up the enchilada sauce in a pan.
- Put your veggies and all the ingredients in a place where you can assembly line fill, roll and place them in a baking dish or store bought 11 x 13 pan.
- Put your Kraft® Shredded Cheese in a bowl it makes it easier to grab to put into the tortillas
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave by setting them on a plate, wrapping them in a damp paper towel for about 45 seconds to 1.50 seconds. You need them soft and pliable to roll the tortilla.
- Add some warm sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Dip your tortilla in the pan of green sauce, then fill and roll your tortillas one by one. Place them side by side in the dish until full. Cover with some warm sauce and Kraft® Shredded Cheese and green chilies.
When your pan is ready cover and put into the fridge until ready to bake.Give yourself at least an hour prior to serving to heat and plate.
Pull out of the fridge at that time and Bake at 375 degrees F 30-45 minutes or until heated throughout
- Garnish with Sour Cream and Salsa or Softened Cream Cheese, Black Olives and Cilantro if you like! We usually set it up like an enchilada bar with all the toppings & side dishes.
Perfect for spending more time with your guests the day of your holiday gathering! Mingle while it’s baking! And Enjoy! Happy entertaining and holidays!
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.